Environmental and energy education
We have been delivering environmental and energy education since 1997, and over 30,000 people have visited our homes to date. All visits include a space for your questions and learning needs, a guided walk around the site to learn about our food, water and renewable energy systems, a tour of one of the homes, and a presentation on the challenges faced during the build, and subsequent development, of the project.
We can also create a tour and/or workshop tailored to your needs, whether you are an individual, a business, a school, university or community group, find out more. There are also regular sustainable living tours for members of the public on Saturdays.
Your event could focus on zero carbon homes, renewable energy, sustainable water systems, or provide an overview of sustainable living; and we pitch the content to meet your needs.
- school trips: We offer knowledge of sustainable living within a real case study, notably meeting the curriculum requirements of AQA 9-1 Sustainable Living GCSE Design and Technology
- introductory group tour: based on our sustainable living tour, adapted to your group’s particular interests
- technical group tour and/or Master Class: with additional material on the design and operation of energy and water systems, these events have proven helpful to postgraduate students, architects, developers, building professionals and groups of potential self-builders.
- design your own tour: a private visit for individuals and groups with duration and content dependent on attendees’ interests
- online tour: lasting one hour, we can conduct a tour of one of the homes, covering the key aspects of co-housing, energy and water and take live questions from the audience. Support package available too.
- facilitated workshop: we can use our expertise and inspirational setting to help your class, team, group or organisation develop and deliver its sustainability goals. Topics include energy efficiency, renewable energy, water and broader sustainable living etc.
“Nurtured by Nature”. This six week course develops attendees’ wellbeing and their life skills through practical learning about sustainability, and the application of permaculture principles in a community setting.
- Permaculture introduction course. This is a rare opportunity to spend 2 days at a sustainable co-housing community and learn about alternative futures. You will learn practical, theoretical and organisational skills to enable you to be the future change makers that we desperately need.