We can support communities throughout the process of developing and delivery of community energy projects, from community engagement to share offers and sharing the benefits. A good first step is our masterclass which offers a unique ‘real-life’ experience of community renewable energy in a rural and low carbon setting of Hockerton Housing Project.
Who will benefit?
This event will be of particular interest to community groups and farmers wishing to install a wind turbine or a Photovoltaic (PV) Array to reduce carbon emissions and benefit from the Feed in Tariff. Our experience can also help you make the most of the Rural Community Energy fund, prompting ideas and actions around community engagment, technology and site selection, and raising finance.
To support community groups we are offering a discount of 15% or more is available when booking 3 or more people on to the course, see our ticket options.
Why should you attend?
This workshop gives delegates an understanding of how to make renewable energy work for them in their communities:
• Increase your confidence by understanding the challenges you will face, including the latest on related government policies
• Improve the accuracy of your cost and income predictions
• Learn how to find out what the community wants and turn that into a plan of action
• Improve your understanding of the technology that’s right for your community
• Avoid the pitfalls in planning applications
• Consider the legal structures suitable for your enterprise
• Get useful contacts in the field
• Understand the management commitment required
• Understand the practical aspects of linking to the grid and selling your energy
• Become inspired by seeing, hearing and feeling three community owned wind turbines and two PV arrays for real.
A lunch is included, please let us know any dietary requirements when booking.