A 2 bed eco home, based on the Hockerton Housing Project design, has come up for sale.
This is a private sale, but if you want to find out more (price available on application), please contact us and we’ll pass on your details to the seller.
The semi-detached bungalow is on a plot of land adjoining the Project. It was built by some of the original project members so shares the key design details and, importantly, has delivered on its promised performance. The house is south-facing, with a conservatory to the south overlooking a half acre of grounds and a car-port, storage and entrance area to the north.
- Built with high thermal mass, super insulation, buffer zones and high passive solar gain to capture heat in summer and avoid use of heating in winter.
- Earth sheltering helps insulate the home and minimises the impact on the natural environment.
- Triple glazed /low E/gas filled units.
- Mechanical ventilation heat recovery.
- Electric car charging port.
- Energy costs of about £500 a year, less than half the national average.
- Water is supplied through a shared rain water catchment and storage system.
- There is no mains sewage system in the village. The house shares a septic tank and floating reed bed sewage treatment system.
- Boot room with storage.
- Utility /shower room including hot water cylinder, sink, washing machine and storage together with basin, wc, shower and towel radiator.
- Inner hall [3.1m x 3m] currently used as office and library.
- Kitchen/ dining area 6.2m x 3m, with tall glazed French doors with windows over leading into the conservatory.
- Sitting room 6.2m x 3m. Window on north wall and tall glazed French doors with windows over leading into conservatory. The rear section of this room [2.2m x 3m] could be adapted to form a third bedroom.
- Master bedroom suite includes a dressing area [3m x 1.45m], shower room [1.6 x 3m] and bedroom [3.2m x 3m] with tall glazed French doors with windows over leading into conservatory.
- Bedroom 2 [3.2m x 3m] with mezzanine floor over. Tall glazed French doors with windows over [3.25m x 1.8m] leading into the conservatory.
- The fully double glazed timber conservatory [12.6m x 3m] has 4 velux roof lights and a wood burning stove.
- Double french doors lead into the south facing garden approx 24m x 45m with a shared large pond. There is a hedge to the west boundary and woodland leading down to the stream to the south boundary.
- Total internal floor area approx 127m2.
- There is a phone and super fast Broadband connection. No TV points.
- The property is leasehold with a 999 year lease subject to a token peppercorn ground rent.
- Maintenance of the septic tank sewage system and rain water catchment system is shared with the adjoining dwelling.